Recovery from Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) of a liver tumour

Do any of you have have experience in the recovery from Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA) of a liver tumour? The doctors don’t want to talk about the side effects and complications but I think it must be more difficult than a biopsy. I am expecting at least a difficult 2 weeks. I have found the Macmilliam and Bupa patient leaflets.

Hi Helen,

I’m very sorry to hear that you have a liver tumour, and that you are expecting a difficult two weeks from your treatment.

The Macmillan and Bupa leaflets are good places to start when getting an idea of what treatment involves. But sometimes it’s even more helpful to hear from people who’ve actually been through it, and it sounds like that’s what you’re looking for now.

I’m not sure whether we have any members on this site at the moment with experience of liver tumours, but if we do, hopefully they will get back to you with their experience. In the meantime, you may also find it helpful to check out the British Liver Trust’s Health Unlocked group, which is an online community specifically related to liver conditions: https://healthunlocked.com/britishlivertrust

Macmillan also have a free helpline on 0808 808 0000, where you can talk to a cancer information nurse about any questions you may have.

Hi Priscilla

Thanks for your help and I will look into this.

Helen