Sadness

I have had no comments in response to my post.

1 Like

Hello @JaneJ23, I’m so sorry for the loss of your beautiful son, Freddie. Many of our members have sadly lost a child and will understand some of what you’re going through. Here is a very supportive thread for parents which you may wish to take a look at: Loss of our son aged 27

I can see that this is your first post and that you’re new to the community. If you need any help getting around the community, we have a help section which you can find here: Help using this site - Sue Ryder Online Bereavement Community. If you had written a post previously, it looks like it didn’t appear unfortunately.

I hope you find the community to be a support to you. I also wanted to share these links which you may also find helpful:

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Take good care and please do keep reaching out,
Seaneen

Unfortunately I cannot see a post. Sending you hugs & strength :heart:

1 Like

Hi there,
Thank you for your message. I think I thought that I had written a message when in fact I had only made a statement next to my name.
I lost my 29 year old son last October.
Sending love and hugs back to you. XXX

2 Likes

Hi Jane, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You will get support here from others who have lost a child or sometimes more than one child. We help each other and we all ‘get it’. It’s an absolute shock, when anybodys child, for whatever reason, dies. It feels overwhelming and devastating. Most of us are traumatised too. It’s a huge thing to deal with and the support on here has been a life line to me. I found wisdom and support from people who were further along the awful grief road or as new to it as I was. I found Compassionate Friends were a big help too and they can also be a lifeline and through them I’ve met others in the same boat as us. There is help and it can’t fix anything but it is a start on the journey to learning to live with it. It’s all slowly, slowly and a lot of ‘keeping on keeping on’ when it’s so hard. I took all the help I could find whether on line or locally. It does help a bit to know that, not yet, but in time things can improve and there will be a life for you. Not like it was but still a life worth living. All of us are changed by losing a child and it’s about as hard as it can be but you can get help and support and it’s a start. It sounds crazy but try and be kind to yourself. You deserve kindness, understanding and support and it does help and can help, honestly. You will find that if you post a little bit about what’s happened to your child and you on here your voice will be heard and you will get kind and supportive responses from people who know how it feels from their own lives and losses. I send you hugs xxxxxxx

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you so much for your message. It is very kind of you to take the time.

Jane xx

1 Like