Scared

Hi! Last year I was told that my dad sadly got advanced prostate cancer. Although we knew that this cannot be cured, we were hopeful that he would be able to stay with us for years as some patients fortunately have. However, I just got told that his cancer is too aggressive and the treatment isn’t working, meaning he is sadly going to pass soon. He’s wanting a second opinion, so trying to be optimistic about that, but he really isn’t well so I’m not sure what the outcome is going to be.

I find it hard to share my feelings to anyone, even my family, friends and boyfriend. I was hoping that this website will help and I can share similar stories/feelings with others.

Im only 20 so Im extremely scared how this is going to affect me in the future.

Thanks x

2 Likes

Kirsten, I am so to hear your news and it comes as a shock when anyone is told how things are. Sometimes a second opinion helps to get the facts sorted in one’s mind and any cancer diagnosis is hard to understand. I lost my dad when I was in my early twenties, he had Leukaemia which was advanced by the time he decided to see a doctor. I am afraid the lasting affects was not of my Dad but of my mum who fell to pieces for a time. Don’t be afraid, be strong and you will be fine, we are made of stronger material then we think and looking after my mum made me a stronger person.
Take care of those around you and don’t worry but share your feelings a little at a time until you feel stronger and you will. Bless you for posting and sharing your worries. S xx

Thank you for that kind message🥰
It’s going to take a while to adapt to.
I’m scared in the future that I will never get over this and distant myself from my family, friends and Boyfriend.
Kirstin x x

Kirsten, please don’t think to much about the future it’s today that counts. Be kind to yourself and those around you and then the future will fall into place but keep close to those who care for you.
The pandemic has and is horrible and from my own personal perspective I think we have been very unkind to each other, my wish for the future is that we all start 2022 being kind to everyone no matter what, where or who. Take care S xxx

Hi again!
My dad sadly passed away today at 3:10pm. I luckily got to see him today, was very upsetting, but I knew he could hear everything I was saying: how much I love him, how I want to do him proud, how grateful I am to have such a fab dad etc. I was holding his hand when I said all this and although he couldn’t speak, he squeezed my hand every time I said I loved him.
I’m a mess right now, but after seeing him the past week he really declined rapidly and was so upsetting to see him in so much pain.
It’s so hard to think my dad is in the sky now, but I’m glad he’s not in pain anymore.
Hope you’re well❤️
Kirstin xx

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear of your loss. What a beautiful moment you got to have with your dad. I hope you are well. I hope you are taking care of yourself, Kirsten. I am 20 too so if you ever need a point of view of someone your age please message me. Sending hugs. xxx
Lauryn