Scattering ashes tomorrow

The despair has been so raw these past few days and I don’t know how I am supposed to feel for the scattering of ashes tmr at the garden of remembrance. I’m planning to keep 25% to half and his daughter in the UK would like a ring infused with some of the ashes… A little part of me just wants to scatter it all to be done with… Not sure if it’s good to keep it at home for now before taking the rest back to the UK after the travel restriction…

What did/will you guys do with the ashes?

Karen’s ashes are still in the wardrobe. We will be scattering them on one of our favourite spots next year. She didn’t actually specify the exact spot, so I will need to hunt down the right place

1 Like

We scattered Bills ashes near off a beautiful beach on our beloved coast path.
Dear Riley & also Dear Richard, I can only tell you that hat the thought of it was much worse than actually doing it.
I believe that it’s not really him, my darling had already gone & it was the last dignified thing we could do for him.
That helped a lot. It’s so very painful every day isn’t it ?
I’m thinking of you both & sending a hug xxxx

2 Likes

I left the ashes with the funeral directors as I also have no idea what to do. Can’t take them home for fear the cats knock them over. It could be nice to have a little ceremony at the beach we went to or nature reserve but I can’t imagine getting up the strength so my best guess is I’ll eventually pick them up and find somewhere at home to keep them and make a will that says I want our ashes mixed together and scattered at a place special to us. Hoping my ashes come sooner rather than later.

2 Likes

I sprinkled my mums ashes a week ago. Her soul had gone but I found it very painful when I saw them bringing the urn out . I was a bit stunned . However I sprinkled them over her mothers plot which I had located at the same cemetery.
My mum would have been so proud of me and happy to be with her mum again .
I miss her so much .

Hi nuthatch

I felt the same about my mums ashes. Even though I lived in kent with my mum for many years,I knew the right thing to do was to scatter my mums ashes with her parents grave in south London. The cemetery wouldn’t allow me to do this on the grave so I chose the nearest place they would allow. I thought to myself how pleased my mum would be that she had been taken to be with her parents even though she was only 74 and taken so unexpectedly.
Its been 19 months and I still just about get through every day in disbelief.

Cheryl

It’s only been 3 weeks since her cremation and one week since I sprinkled her ashes :sweat::sweat:
Thank you for reaching out to me :heart_eyes:

You take care. Its very early days x

1 Like

Hi Riley i lost my darling Ste in Oct 2020, we had his ashes scattered in the garden of remembarance.They have told me exactly what plot he’s in so i can request my ashes to be scattered in the same place.
I asked for a little of his ashes back, i had a memorial pendant made and the ashes were put inside.It makes me feel he’s always with me wherever i go as its always around my neck.
Sorry for your loss take care
Dinky xx

1 Like

I’m scattering my Husband Gordons ashes at our local Bowls club.have a few people with me 4 me support.he would be proud.
X

1 Like

Thinking about you, yes he will be so proud & so proud of you for honouring him in the best possible way,
Sending a big hug xx

1 Like

Thank you x