Scattering ashes

Thank you. It does feel better knowing he’s where he wanted to be and laid to rest properly.
Hope you get the same comfort xx

2 Likes

It’s always difficult to decide where to scatter a loved ones ashes. My wife always loved Turkey from the first time we went there 40 years ago and many many times after. So it was a no brainer where she would want to be at rest.
Unfortunately it’s never that simple. It took me nearly two years to get permissions set up with UK airport, airline, Turkish airport, Turkish Government, Turkish Local Council Officials, Main Mosque Representatives, Turkish Police, and Local Port Authorities. I was told what I could and could not do every step of the way by officials. Even had to have a representative from the mosque with me to observe the scattering at a predetermined time and place.
Even after all that hassle I felt happy that I had done the last physical thing I could do for her and she could rest in a place she always loved.
My mind is at peace.

3 Likes

Hi
Sounds like you’ve had a lot of stress to be able to do this lovely thing for your wife. Pleased you managed to carry out her wishes and take her to rest somewhere she loved. I must admit I felt mark was laid to rest properly when I scattered his ashes.
Xx

The biggest problem was in Turkey as they do not have cremations. (There are no crematoriums in Turkey). They do not understand what it means to us personally, and our respect for a loved ones ashes. I am trying to set up a protocol with the Turkish Government to make it alot easier to do the same or similar. Wish me luck as it’s going to be a long slog. :cry: If you want to scatter ashes at sea that’s even worse as you have to get permission not only of the captain but also all the crew members.

1 Like

Good luck with it. Sounds like you will need it x