Second Christmas without mum

Second Christmas without mum.There will always be Christmas.The physical and emotional pain of losing my mum is still there but I have to tell myself this is it this is my life now.My mum is never coming back whatever I do or say.Its always going to be hard and Christmas isn’t just one day because Christmas starts in November.The adverts the music the christmas songs.Its just something that I have to get through.Hopefully one day it will be a happy day.

Bless you, Christmas stirs up all kinds of emotions but when you’re missing someone it’s even harder. This Xmas will be the first without my husband and like you I’m already bracing myself.
I’ve tried to think of beautiful memories and after lots of soul searching decided I will put my Xmas stuff up, just in case Mike is watching from above as it always made him smile watching me (Mrs grinch) grumble having to get everything out of boxes and put them away again.
I hope you find something to make you smile this year.
Jen x

Thank you and I’m sorry for your loss.Im going to try and make it as happy as I can for my 10 year old son because he loves Christmas.My mum was in hospital from end of November 2020 to February 2022 which is when she died so Christmas reminds me of that time.I hope that my mum is watching over us all even though she didn’t believe in the afterlife but hopefully she is x

1 Like

I share your pain. This will be my second Christmas without mum and I too am dreading it. Last year my Auntie Pat, ( my dad’s cousin who I’m close to) came for the day, which was pleasant, although I struggled with Christmas Eve.

Take care. Hugs x

Feeling your pain as it will be my second Christmas without my Mum as well. She too was in hospital but passed away last November at home having only been back at home for a few days. Christmas was already here and I was so numb that I didn’t really feel it but this year I could see it coming. I try to say to myself that I got through the worst day already which is the day she stopped living and I’ve come this far when I couldn’t even think about the next hour. I sometimes still have days like that. I miss her with all my heart. Much love all, you’ve done so well to get to today xxx

1 Like