Seeing loved ones last days is very painful

Doctor told my mom has just 1-2 years to live as she is terminally I’ll, last year my mom had dry cough which was not going away along with severe weight loss, when she was diagnosed we got to know it last last stage of cancer and cannot be operated,back then I was alone in hospital when group of doctors came n consoled me that she has few months to 2 years at Max to live, I felt like I will go deaf or blind, I felt so blurred out, her chemo sessions are over and now she is on immunotherapy, going to hospital in every 21 days for her treatment, there are days she can’t get up from bed n there are days when she looks like normal person. It’s very painful n this pain becomes more when u r all alone n no one at your side … I guess this is called hell … there are days when I go crazy inside, there are days when I cry …it’s really very difficult to bear… I wish no one should ever experience this kind off feeling.

2 Likes

Hi @Elina ,

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum’s illness. It sounds as though things are very overwhelming for you, being by your mum’s side and supporting her through it all. At the moment you are feeling every emotion.

Anticipatory grief, and grieving someone’s illness is very much a form of grieving, you might find Our Anticipatory Grief article a help.

I also wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful either now or in the future.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex

Thanks @Alex

Hi,
You are right when you say it is hell going through it. Feeling alone and helpless is something I shall never forget. Sheer agony and torture.
Am thinking of you
Deborah x