Selling my dad's/ our family home.

My dad passed away suddenly last September and I feel like I’m still in shock. He was my best friend and we did so much together. I just feel empty and lost.
The time has come to sell his home. It’s the only house I grow up in and feels like my last connection to my dad. When I go there I still feel hope that I’ll see him and this has all been a terrible nightmare.
I just feel so heartbroken that my family home will be gone.
I hate the thought of people looking round and giving options on it. I need to sell it but it’s so much harder than I ever thought.
Going throw each room sorting my dad’s belongings is so painful. I want to keep everything but know that’s just not possible.
Has anyone got any advice on how to cope and deal with this part of letting go.

1 Like

Hello @LG81, I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad. I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but if you click here it will bring up some threads on this topic which you might find helpful to have a thread through.

Take good care :blue_heart:
Seaneen

Hi I am in the same position as you My mum died 30th Dec and soon i will have to sell her house.I have decide to go there and just do 1 cupboard or draw at a time. That will be more than enough for me and i shall stick to it. Luckily my mum had some lovely pieces of furniture so I shall have them in my own home. I am going to take my time selling the house and wait about a year so I can cope better with it all. I am going to change the services to my name so the house doesn’t get damp etc. I am struggling so much when i go there and she isnt there and its so raw at the moment. Thinking of you