Sensitivity to people and criticism

Hi I lost my beautiful mum in January and it tore my entire world apart. She was the only family I had, now I feel so alone we was so close and it’s left a huge hole in my life. Has anyone experienced extreme sensitivity to things people say and easily taken them the wrong way or got angry with them?

Hi yes I feel the same, even now 4 months after losing my husband, I sometimes feel hatred towards people because they say the wrong things, like they just don’t get it. You think how can you say things like that . Like some people talking about holidays with their partners and all their plans, and I think if the tables were turned surely I wouldn’t be like that. But then they will never know how it feels until it happens to them .
I definitely feel we change so much after loss, it’s good to come on here as we all feel the same and we can say what we feel .
So sorry for your loss of your mum.
Steph x

1 Like

Without a doubt I’ve struggled with people’s comments. I even totally fell out with a friend I’ve known for 40 years.
I’ve kept myself to myself that way I haven’t got to deal with people too much.

1 Like

I think that’s the best way, not having to deal with people too much .

Hi Steph and thank you so much for your message, I sometimes feel as if I’m going mad! It’s nice to know I can always turn to this site to hear from people that understand and are going through similar feelings.

2 Likes

Yes I’m like this too, I have a friend I’ve known for a little over 20 years and he said something I considered to be a little insensitive I haven’t really spoke to him since. I just feel as though I have no time for people lately.

1 Like

Don’t worry, you’re not going mad, we all feel like that. This site is a lifesaver, it helps so many of us to express our feelings.

2 Likes

Thank you. It’s nice to have the comfort and reassurance of this site to know what I’m feeling is normal.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry for your loss. This is my first time ever doing this and I lost my father less than two months ago. I’m having the hardest time having any desire to be around people and I’m basically losing all of my relationships because of them not understanding I’m thinking I need to just get on with it. I’ve always been the fun loving strong one in the go-getter and I’m struggling right now and people are uncomfortable with that. I’m trying not to let it hurt my feelings and just take care of myself. But I just want to thank you for your post because it’s helped a lot to realize I’m not alone with those feelings

1 Like