Share something...

Thank you @Casey1, it brought a smile to my face too. :blush:

1 Like

HI, That’s a lovely idea to share a memory of a loved one I lost my husband Neil eight months ago. One of my favourite memory’s of Neil was his ability to make people laugh He could tell a story about what had happened In the past and really bring it to life You could imagine that you were actually there This has made me smile today Claire

2 Likes

Nice memories.
It would be my husbands birthday tomorrow. He passed away March 2014. I still miss him every day - and it’s all the little things. He had such an amazing sense of humour. Every picture I have of him he is smiling. Such a humble, caring and loving human being. He had such a tough childhood but he never complained. He was funny - he was a night auditor in a Resort and guests would come to front desk for blankets and pillows etc during the night - he used to do a John Cleese type thing where he would start walking and crouch down smaller and smaller till he disappeared making it look like he went downstairs - was caught out a couple of times. So many stories - so much fun and a heart full of love. I started a journal after he died and wrote in it everyday things I would say if he were here - tell him about my day. Share my feelings and how I got through the day. That journal was best thing I ever did and would recommend it as a way of sharing your thoughts and feelings - getting them out. I also wrote lots of poetry. I’m still not ready to go through the cards and messages and book of remembrance. But I will one day.

4 Likes

My darling mick only passed away 7 weeks ago, so still very raw, I remember he used to think was a waste of time and he was very practical when buying me a gift, one year he bought be one of those heated airers, and my god is it good I still hear him now saying “” that was a good buy wasn’t it"" and for once I had to agree

3 Likes

My husband used to tell jokes that seemed to last for ever. We were all praying for him to finish and then he would say he had forgotten the end.He also used to ask the most inappropriate questions like - “I wonder how long it would take me to swim across the Atlantic ocean?”

3 Likes