Signs from loved ones.

Not sure if you believe or not. I’m half and half. I do desperately want it to be true. So that I know she is with me and I will see her again one day. I’ve talked about my dream I had which I was convinced it was her. But not really had many other signs. Apart from yesterday.

So recently I have been seeing lots of those dandelion seeds the fluff balls. I opened my ottoman bed to get my towels out and one floated out. No idea how it got there as it’s winter. We have no flowers in our garden or nearby as it’s a new build estate lots of building going on. And it’s in our back bedroom that we never use. Also seen a few more rolling across my front room floor. I wondered if they were a sign so I googled it. It doesn’t mean much so I felt quite despondent. Then suddenly I had a flash in my head “Birthday card”. I raced upstairs to my keepsake box and sitting in there was my last birthday card from my mum and in the poem on the front it says "I hope you always wish on dandelions”

I so hope it was her. With all my heart I wish on a dandelion it was her.

3 Likes

I’m very similar. Not sure I believe in religion but maybe spiritual. I too have been looking for signs. The danylion seeds have made you feel close to your mum and she lives on in those memories. And that’s what counts… She lives on in you. Wish on them as she would want you to… Wish for strength and courage, wish for friendship, wish for happier times.

1 Like

Thank you diverliz. Beautiful words. I lean more to the spiritual side I think. Either way she lives in my heart. I still have trouble accepting that she is no longer here and I’m looking at dandelion seeds for some sign. I just want to pick up that phone and say hello. I just want to see her and hold her. Life is too sad at times.

joules, I am a firm believer in the spirit world, please take these dandelion seeds as a message from your mum telling you she is close by.

they always manage to attract our attention, sometimes in very subtle ways, sometimes so very obvious. the thought you had about the card was your mum too, guiding you to look for it, this was her way of confirming the seeds were a message from her.

hope today is an improvement on yesterday and tomorrow is an improvement on today

blessings
Jen☆

2 Likes

Jen i truly believe she led me to my birthday card. Thank you

3 Likes

Yes, I suspect it could have been a sign. I remember years after my Dad passed away i was upset and lying in bed. All of sudden I saw these little lights in the room. They seemed to be dancing. Dads ashes are in the same room. Of course, i could not be certain but I immediately felt happier once I thought it was a sign from Dad.

2 Likes

Daffy we have to hold on to some comfort don’t we. Last night was the first time I truly smiled in ages and my heart nearly burst.

2 Likes

Yes, it’s these types of moments that can truly lift us. These signs are remembered forever more. They give great comfort, even though we still miss our loved ones.

2 Likes

I had no thoughts about the spirit world although I kept having dreams about my father and Nan. But since losing Brian I have no doubts now. He has visited me or I have had a sign so many times that it can’t be co-incidence.
Today was one of those times. This weekend was my first anniversary, I had been feeling low and anxious at what my reaction would be. No visit from Brian which I had expected. Then I discovered that my husbands beloved Aunt had died a few weeks after he had. They was very close and as he was brought up by his grandparents he had thought of this Aunt as more like a mother, she never did have children of her own so Brian was her ‘son’. Why hadn’t anyone from his family bothered to let me know. I had written two letters to her but no reply, obviously.
I found out also that her ashes had been brought back to where she was born and had been scattered a few miles from where I live so today I took two red roses, one from me and one from Brian and placed them at her resting place. Had a chat with her, as we had done so many times, thanked her for looking after my husband. As I left the cemetery and walked along the path a single white feather landed in front of me as I picked it up a Robin came and sat on a post very near to me. I stopped to chat to it. Was it Brian and his Aunt with me, I like to think so, it cheered me up on a sad day.
Pat xxx

4 Likes

Both signs from Brian and his Aunt guiding you on a difficult day. I also never had any thoughts on the spirit world before mum died. Never looked for them never encountered any. It was the dream that came to me the night after she died that alerted me to it. I had never heard of visitation dreams at all so it’s not even as if I was waiting or looking for it. Yesterday I went to a waterfall near Tintagel in Cornwall. And one day when I’m ready I will scatter her ashes there. On the path to the waterfall a single pure white feather lay in my path it was rather a muddy path but this feather was pure clean white. Didn’t see any other feathers around at all anywhere in the area

1 Like

That contact is so precious. Yes it’s the dreams, him calling out my name when I was wide awake, experiences that have been so precious. Just after Brian died a lone Bee hit me on the head. It was December and the honey bee’s are asleep then. Brian worked with the Bee’s and they will carry a dead persons soul with them. I had no doubt it was Brian as I was also in a house at the time visiting an elderly man that Brian helped and who was very upset. Brian came to help us both.
I have a neighbour who is a spiritualist and explains anything that I am bit confused about. That feather at the waterfall was definitely a sign, my feather was also very clean on a muddy path.
I too never looked for a sign before losing Brian never understood about the subject, now I have been doing some reading.
Pat xx

Seven months yesterday and i am still anxiously awaiting a sign from my Richard, i have been asking, no begging for Richard to give me a sign he is hearing me or for God to send me a sign…I know i will get one at some point, just cant understand why it is taking so long…
I do believe in the afterlife as i had two separate signs of it from two of my fur-babies, my dogs, that were out of this world, never to be repeated again…yet nothing yet from m Richard…

Jackie…

1 Like

I waited years for a sign from Dad, but I believe it came.

i have seen signs from loved ones all my life, they come in a variety of ways, some are very subtle
some are so obvious you’d be blind to miss them. Baird Robertson writes sober very good articles on all manner of spiritual topics and always worth a visit to his website. I never purchase anything but there are books and leaflets to download.

http://blairrobertson.com/blog//5-common-signs-from-our-deceased-loved-ones/

hope this link helps.

hope today is an improvement on yesterday and tomorrow is an improvement on today

blessings
Jen☆

1 Like

Jen. Theresa Cheung is another author who writes on afterlife signs.