Silver Wedding Anniversary

Today is OUR Silver Wedding anniversary. On this date in 1996, all of 25 years ago, Nicki and I were married at Blackpool registry office. It was the happiest day of my life. I never for a moment thought that I would be spending this special anniversary day on my own, without Nicki. It is 39 weeks and 5 days since this nightmare started, and I feel as desolate now as I did the day I lost Nicki.

A beautiful picture and a beautiful but hard memory. I spent my 27th Wedding Anniversary with my husband at the Chapel of Rest. The happiest day of my life turned to one of total sorrow. My heart goes out to you - I know how hard it is. Sending hugs

Thank you for the hugs, @Jules4, they are very welcome, and yes, it definitely is a hard memory. I am so, so sorry for your loss too. It’s strange and painful how such soul-destroying events can conspire to fall on such significant dates as your anniversary. My wife died last July on my 64th birthday. I’ll never bother about another of my birthdays ever again. There’s only one thing to remember on that date from now on.

1 Like

Hi hun I’m so sorry for your loss I hope you was ok on your 25th anniversary I lost my husband 12 weeks ago to internal bleeding our silver wedding anniversary is 15th june next month so I know where you are coming from

I know this reply is late but just wanted to say how significant the dates have been in my grief journey.
My husband was diagnosed on 17th May ( The date my mum died in 1981,)
His first chemo session was on our wedding anniversary the 4th July.
He started his radiotherapy on his birthday. 12th Dec.
I was given 4th Oct as his burial date which was the day before my birthday. I changed it to the 8th.
These dates are etched in my mind forever now for the wrong reasons.
They quoted