Simple message for today

3 Likes

Hi. SanW.
Now that is so true. Not only do we focus on the whole staircase but the landing at the top. ā€˜Baby stepsā€™, one step at a time, one stair at a time. If we try and rush things and run up the stairs we are in grave danger of a fall. Like everything else of an emotional nature, it will all out in itā€™s own way and time. But facing and accepting the pain and the fact that it will take time can help a lot. Thanks for that. John.

1 Like

Jonathanā€¦
ā€¦now " run upā€¦" i struggle to walk up let alone run upā€¦but yes take one step at a time if we want to reach our destinationā€¦Oh yes, that was what brought us - me to move, a d** n staircaseā€¦

Jackieā€¦

1 Like

I wish that I could walk a reasonable distance, when I have to attend hospital I always refuse the use of a wheelchair. Stubborn, yes, I am so glad that I didnā€™t allow Stan to push me, his heart couldnā€™t have stood the strain. x x x

Yes most definitely especially in our minds x

2 Likes

I think it was because from day one that we met i had always considered my Richard to live longer than me and take care of my funeral, dont know why really as i am -was the younger of the two of us by 5-6 years, and he up till a few months before he died was always the healthy one, i used to mock him, again my warped sense of humour about death that nothing ever happened to him , he had never been in a hospital bed, never had any invasive hospital test, i always had told him you are not human, you havenā€™t lived unless you have been in a hospital bed, or had a camera up you or down you, again i often would laugh but deep down this was my mechanism talking about death in a jovial way as deep down i am-was terrified of it, still amā€¦And with Richard smiling and wanting me to change the subject even that was all part of the humour that i knew he didnā€™t like the subject of death eitherā€¦only the difference was, i could and would talk about it, where he wouldnā€™tā€¦

Jackieā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s how we get through the day after losing Dad. Baby steps to move forward in this very new world

3 Likes