Six month anniversary

Well done Kathy. I’m glad you had a nice afternoon with friends. I think we’re all stronger than we realise. I’m sorry you had to put up with this little outburst at such a time. It’s just a little spat - they happen occasionally. You’ll manage your birthday too. I usually put up a card from my husband - one I’ve kept from a previous year. I do the same on our wedding Anniversary too. Take care. Keep strong. Xx

4 Likes

Kathy having been there myself I know how you are feeling. It’s been 9 months since I lost my husband suddenly so know the shock and disbelief you are suffering. I definitely think we have a bit PTSD how can we not after such a trauma. We are grieving not only for our wonderful men but also for the future we thought we had together and I know I am also grieving for the confident, fun loving woman who died along with him that day. Our lives will never be the same again, I can’t tell you it gets easier as I am not at that stage myself yet. What I do have are amazing family and friends who get me through the days. I have also met fabulous people on here and we virtually hold eachothers hands as we go on our journey together. I am glad you had a nice day with your friend and her husband, I think the secret is to continue to be social, if we don’t it is going to be a lonely life. Tuesday will be hard but you will get through it, we all find our own coping strategies. Don’t let the little hoohah put you off using the forum we are all genuinely caring people x

8 Likes

Well done to you x

Mrs Colt your posts always make me smile there still is a fun loving lady there but I know what you mean it does feel like half of us have died with our lovely husbands I always say half of me is missing x

2 Likes

Thanks Kim :kissing_heart:

Thank you xxx. I’d like this to be taken elsewhere too. My inbox is full of notifications for all these comments. Would be nice if it could stop

1 Like

Hi Kathy, I agree with @xxx and your need for support at this difficult time. I hope your daughter is with you for your birthday tomorrow.
You could leave this thread behind and start a new one if you wish.
Best wishes to you.

I have removed a large number of posts from this conversation where users were having an argument, as this had gone a long way off topic and the original poster was no longer getting much support (even after she had specifically requested that the argument be taken elsewhere). I know that various concerns have been raised by different people, and I’ll get in touch with you individually about these - please just give me some time to work through them all.

Please do not post any further posts related to this argument in this conversation. I’ve left the conversation open so that people can continue to reply to Kathy’s original topic and support each other. However, if there are further arguments on this thread, I may end up locking the conversation or, in some circumstances, suspending people’s accounts.

Please remember that our community guidelines ask that you report posts that you have a problem with using the flag button under the post, rather then getting involved in a public argument, which prevents people from getting support.

Well done and well said. This nonsense has to stop. I am only on here to help, not get involved in silly arguments. Thanks for that. John.

Having said that I have done what you said not to do. delete it. Sorry!

@Kathy We all know we dread anniversaries having lost a partner/husband/wife but it is certainly not logical or illogical. When you have lost a fantastic, wonderful, amazing, loving partner believe me logic goes out the window. On my birthday just 18 days after my John died I put every card he had given me over the 40 years of our marriage out on the table. I re read all the loving messages and remembered how much he loved me. That might not have been logical to some but it made my day a happier one. I hope you have a peaceful day tomorrow. @MrsColt How I identify with that comment I am also the confident, fun loving woman who died along with him that day. How we get through this I really don’t know :slightly_frowning_face: :worried:

3 Likes

So today ended up not so bad a day. All down to my lovely daughter and her boyfriend organising a surprise get together in the park with friends, cake and Prosecco. Making new memories while remembering the old.

2 Likes

Glad you had a nice day sending birthday love x

2 Likes

So Sorry for your loss. My husband collapsed at work and the paramedics worked on him for a hour, this was 16 months ago. The pain becomes a little easier and you learn to leave with it. But I find the evenings and weekends really hard. I try and keep busy because if I sit to long and think it hurts. Gary was 55 and no known illness so total shock. I spoke to him at lunchtime by 3 o;clock I got the call. Anniversaries it is the build up more than the day I found.

1 Like

Far too young and the shock is overwhelming. I am so sorry you are still struggling much further down the road of grief than many of us. What a bleak world it is for those left behind.

Hi Lynnie. Sorry for your loss. Paul’s death seems similar to your husband’s only it was at home on a Saturday morning. He was 63 with no illness, only slightly raised blood pressure being treated with medication. It is a complete shock to have them one minute and the next they’re gone. There have been a few significant dates to cope with so far and it has been hard. I don’t know if or when it will get easier. I’m really grateful to my daughter and her boyfriend for making yesterday a better day for me and to my lovely friends for being there. It really helped.

3 Likes