Skype/meeting in person (London, worldwide)

Hi,

My name is Monika. I have lost my mum in 2017 in September. I feel very detached from feelings. Lost of guilt around. Last three years I found the most useful taking to people who also lost someone. Is there anybody willing to talk via skype about our experiences( there is also possibility to have group video chats there). I am based in London so I can also meet people in person

1 Like

Hi Monika,
I sorry for your loss. I believe this site offers counselling. Perhaps, you might find that useful? I think they offer six sessions.

Hi everyone,

If you are thinking of meeting up with other users, or exchanging contact details, this is just a reminder that our community guidelines ask you not to publish any personal details in public forum posts. This is to protect your own privacy, as they could be seen by others besides the person they are intended for. If you want to communicate privately with another user, you can send them a private message.

Read more about protecting your privacy.

If you do choose to meet up with other users, or share contact details, this is at your own risk, as Sue Ryder can’t monitor or moderate any communication that takes place off our site. Always arrange a meeting in a public place and let a friend or family member know where you are going.

Hello,

I am still waiting for users to contact me through private message. I think the most rewarding is contact when we can see and hear each other instead of writing because it gives only a glimpse of true contact…

1 Like

I would be more than willing to chat via Skype or any other medium xx

Justine xx

Justine,

I am trying to send you a private message but I see some internal error. Could you send me private message, please?

Yes of course xx

Hi I tried to send you a personal message but it came back the same ‘Error’ x

I have replied to your private message, Sarrah.

@MonikaLondon @Sarrah Sorry to hear you are having problems with private messages. I have had a couple of reports of this happening but it doesn’t seem to be affecting everyone.

It sounds as though you have managed to message each other now, but if you are still having problems, please email me at online.community@sueryder.org and I will get some more information from you and investigate further.

1 Like

@MonikaLondon @Sarrah I have been testing this and it looks as though the messages are actually sending, even though it looks as though they aren’t.

I am looking into preventing the error message from popping up, but, in the meantime, your messages may still be getting through, even if you see the error message. You can double-check this by looking in your sent items in your private message inbox:
Private%20messages%20-%20sent%20items

Hello, Priscila,
I have been getting the error message for a few weeks now, my pm’s are arriving to their recipiants as I am receiving replies.
MaryL