Sleeping

How do i sleep? Ive posted before about loosing my partner 2 weeks ago. The past 4 nights ive lay awake until 7 in the morning. We spent a lot of nights together but didnt live together so i dont know why im finding sleeping so hard. Ive even been cuddling his clothes and his pillow case on a night time and even that doesnt help. Im completely exhausted and know i need to sleep but i just cant.

2 Likes

I’ve tried pod cast sleep stories, pod cast icon on iPhone. ( nothing much happens, is the one I use) I tried white noise, ocean sounds and rain but the stories work best for me. Hope this helps xx

1 Like

I lost my husband 3 weeks ago. I don’t actually like being alone at night, I’m sleeping with the lamp on and I have mellow music playing all night. I wake at all different times, I cry, I think, I stare and eventually fall asleep. I’m guessing you have tried music or the radio. Hot bath, lavender oil, have you tried sleeping in another room? You must look after yourself and keep fit and well. I also do several word searches or crosswords to try and distract myself in bed. Hope you get some sleep soon

1 Like

After 8 months of never ending sleepless nights I have now finally settled down into a pattern of sleep. I have a decaff drink before bed, read for half an hour sleep then wake up a couple of hrs later . Then instead of filling my head of rubbish and worries I go back to sleep until the alarm wakes me up at 7.00am I feel tons better.

5 Likes

That’s really good to hear @Heather56 it makes such a difference to how we feel.

1 Like

Thank you Karen you are not kidding didnt know decaff tea was so awful tastes of cardboard however helps me sleep so it has its plus side, I think

2 Likes