So alone after losing dad

I can’t cope with the pain, and I just feel so alone x

1 Like

Hi Mumma, it’s awful when we lose a beloved parent, it takes everybody different lengths of time to come to terms with the fact they are no longer there with you, and not at the end of the phone, I really hope you are getting support from family and friends, although if they haven’t been through it themselves, they have no idea how it feels, sending love Jude xx

1 Like

Thankyou for your kinds words it’s been nearly 10 months now since dad passed and some days the pain is so overwhelming. I have amazing family but I still feel so alone x

Hi @Mumma77,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are feeling overwhelmed.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

It may be helpful to know that Sue Ryder also offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. If you feel some one-to-one support may be useful, you can find more information about the service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Be compassionate with yourself and take the space and time you need to grieve.

Take care of yourself, Becca