So lonely without my loved

I lost my lovely wonderful husband Michael last September from the most evil disease cancer. If only I could have taken the pain away from him. So distressing to see him suffer. I yearn for him every day. I am so lonely without him. We never had any children so we were so happy being there for each other. Such lovely holidays we had together. All the lovely memories don’t mean anything any more cos he is not here any more. I am so lost without him by my side. He made our home so beautiful. Now i have the responsibility for everything which I never had before. It makes me overwhelmed with everything. If we had had a family I would have shared the responsibility. I am so sad and lost. Feel so anxious all the time.

1 Like

Dear Rondena 1. I feel your pain and wish I could help. I lost my husband Peter last April from covid . It must have been heartbreaking to have seen your husband suffer from such an evil disease as cancer . My father died 4yrs ago from kidney cancer and it was hard to see him suffer such pain . Have you any friends you can talk to about how you are feeling or maybe see a Councillor. I am here if you need to talk. Take care jenny. X

Hi there I, too lost my husband to cancer 4 weeks ago and it was awful to see him suffer physically and mentally with this cruel disease. I feel utterly lost without him. Each day feels like a mountain to climb. I understand what a battle it is for you after losing your husband and how lonely it is. Hopefully as time goes by, we will be able to reach out and find ways to cope

1 Like

Dear Rondena1

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot begin to understand the pain of seeing your loved one suffer in that way.

If you think there is anything that I might be able to help with I can but try. I did all the banking and most of the household chores. But it is the DIY, the car, the mobile phone and IT that I struggle with and frequently stand like the pathetic old lady I have become in shops and just shed a tear at knowing what the hell they are talking about. However, since my husband died I have contacted the internet provider and utilities and negotiated a reduction in the monthly bills for the next 18 months with a number of them.

None of this compensates for loosing our loved ones. I just miss my husband so much, even just sitting and having a cup of tea with him and watching him across the room.

Take care.