So much harder this time

I lost my dad 3 years ago. Just as covid pandemic hit. I wasn’t really involved in arranging the funeral as my mum and brother did everything. I think that was part choice as I tend to shut those painful feelings away. The funeral was a blur. We were only allowed 5 people there. I miss him everyday.
I lost my mum 2 weeks ago. Unexpectedly although she was in hospital. We were told she was coming home. I just feel in a blur. Fuzzy. Trying to stay strong for my kids. Still working, but want to run and hide. I have to face the celebrant to arrange for her funeral on Wednesday. I don’t know where to start with the memories. What I’m trying to say is that losing my mum is so much harder.

2 Likes

Hello @Jen13,

I’m Seaneen, part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing some of your story with us.

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad and your mum. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that might be helpful.

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Seaneen