So much loss

I’m struggling to comprehend the amount of loss I’ve been through in the last 2/3 years. I lost an aunt to cancer in January 2022, then my best friend suddenly to sepsis/meningitis in March 2022, my beautiful amazing Gran in January 2023 and cancer stole my beautiful Mum in December 2023. I am working and things but I have to. The world feels scarier. My life is so much different in so many ways.Since mum in particular nothing feels the same. It’s been nearly 5 months and I still loose my breath every morning when I remember again, that I won’t see her today,that I can’t text her…I struggle with the speed at which we lost her. She was doing well. Then she wasn’t. There was no time. My friend my gran my mum, they were the most important people in my support network. I feel so lost.

1 Like

It can feel overwhelming when you have experienced so many tragic loss. I myself have been through very similiar so i can relate to the feelings you are experiencing. Please be gentle on you and allow yourself time to process their passings. Sending you love & strength and if you would like to chat pop me a message anytime x

1 Like

Hi @Ginger78,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your aunt, best friend, gran and mum that has brought you here.

I’m sure other members of the community will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that you may find helpful to know about.

Shout are also contactable by text, 24/7. You can text REMEDY to 85258 and talk to them about anything.**

You can also make an appointment with your GP and ask to be referred to counselling or other support services in your area.

I hope you find this community a good source of support, but would also encourage you to take a look at these services and keep reaching out.

Take good care,

Kate
Sue Ryder Online Community team

Thank you❤️