So Sad After Husband’s Death

I don’t know how to feel anything but sad and empty after Brian died. I just retired at 54, we were going to do so much. Now I have endless days alone to contemplate and just have a giant ache in my gut. It’s been 20 weeks and I think things are getting harder.

7 Likes

Hello @Harposgirl ,

I’m so sorry for the loss of Brian. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m just giving your thread a gentle, “bump” for you - hopefully someone will have some thoughts to share.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

So sorry to hear abour Brian’s passing. It takes time. I am on week 34 today and somedays it feels like yesterday. Take babysteps and do things to keep you occupied. I am 61 and Rob passed last year we had so many plans for our future but now I am making my own new plans to make memories. Xx

2 Likes

So sorry for your loss. I’m close to 4 months out since my husband, soulmate, and my best friend passed. I also find things are getting harder. People tell me the numbness and shock has worn off. Now we are hit with the reality they are never coming back. We realize this is our new life without our spouses. I’m trying to stay busy with work. Sending hugs your way

3 Likes

I am 54 it coming upto 5 months since my hubby passed away .I am just been hit with the reality he isn’t coming back .sending love your wat .

4 Likes

So sorry for your loss. I am 56 and never thought I would be on this terrible lonely journey at my age. We should have more years with our spouses

4 Likes

Hi @Kec im sorry your feeling like this, i totally understand.
i lost my husband very suddenly just 6 months ago and its been a horrible rollercoster. :broken_heart:
i cry for him every day, the loneliness is horrible, i can’t come to terms with him not coming back :cry:

This is a lonley journey, one we never asked for. I feel lonley even in a room full of people. My Rob passed in July last year and I am doing new things but have nobody at night to tell about my day and the ladies I have met at new social groups. I am only 61 and thought we had our retirement years to look forward to.
I have holidays booked and trips with my children to look forward to, i just wish it was together and not on my own.

2 Likes

@Punto im so sorry for your loss losing our husbands must be the worst thing ever.
i feel so lonely too, my husband was only 57 miss him terribly :pensive: lost him in September last year.
i can’t seem to look forward to anything
i have 2 daughters but its just not the same without him
sending love xx

2 Likes

It is an awful place to be emotionally. And lonely. I’ve had more bad days lately. I want to be hopeful and thinking life can get better. Ugh. I believe that it can but right now sucks. How many more tears are in me.

3 Likes

Hi Mackey13 i totally understand it’s so lonely especially at night. I struggle to sleep and cry most nights .

1 Like

@Kec it sure is, theres nothing like it. horrible life now :sleepy:

1 Like

We will figure it out though. All of us. We have been loved and will be again, whether it be a new partner, family or friends (and our animal friends count). You never know what may come next. Yes, I took a nap, my outlook is somewhat improved.

3 Likes