So sad all the time

My husband Peter passed away 29 June 2021. I thought that I would feel a little better 12 months on but I don’t. I am so sad all of the time. I just have no idea where all the tears come from. I have a son and his wife who have been wonderful to me and supported me throughout. Peter was my absolute world and I just cannot let go of him. I don’t ever want to let him go. What can I do to feel better? I just go through the motions of living each day but nothing improves. I know everyone on here is struggling to but it feels as if I am alone.

Hello MoGreg1

We are on a very similar

Hello MoGreg1

We are on a very similar timeline as Ian passed away on the 18th June 2021. To me it seems like yesterday but now, the sadness and loneliness seems to be intensifying. My family, who live a long way away, are very supportive but I just miss Ian and our happy life together so much,
I’ve spent the day with a lovely new friend but I’m now home and alone again. I enjoyed today but at the back of my mind was always’ why isn’t Ian here with me’. That question is one I think I will be ‘asking’ for the rest of my life. I still can’t quite believe what has happened and the situation I now find myself in as you are in as well

You are not alone as sadly there are so many of us on a similar pathway that none of us wanted to be on.

Look after yourself,
Julie x

1 Like

Hi it’s 20 month since I lost love of my life. All I’ve done is cry for pass three day. I feel like it happened yesterday. I said to my son when do you think it going to get better. We was together 47 years. My first boy friend and I married him. He was 63 when he died of cancer. Would have been 64 at Christmas. When you lose the love of your life you die along with them everything changes life as you know it’s standstill. I close my eyes and relive the days in the hospice you just cannot get over it. Stay safe every body.

1 Like

Peter and I were together for 59 years married for 54 of them. He was my first and only love and we had a wonderful life together. I do miss his company as we were always together (except when still at work). Now my life is so empty. I have lost many family members over the years but losing Peter has been devastating as everyone knows with it happening to them. It is so frightening thinking about the future. He always said he would look after me in our old age, but now he can’t. How do we cope?

Take care Moira xx

It’s so difficult to think about a future without them. Life stand still you feel like you bore people because your having another difficult day. I cherish the memories we made together and the children. Trouble is you don’t won’t to burden your kids. My son is very good to me. But they have there life and family. Majority of the time you’re on your own day and night it’s a long day and a very long night. You take care of your self

1 Like