So sad

Hello. My husband died 4 and a half years ago. The same time I knew him. It must seem so short a time to
Others but I
Met him when I was 59 and he was the
Love
Of my
Life. Suddenly today I’m feeling so
Much pain that I’ve lost someone who was the only one who really loved me. How unfair to lose him
After
Finding him so
Late in life. I’m feeling very sad
But I must say to all those who have just lost a partner it does become copable with. Love doesn’t die but happiness in what I had lives on

6 Likes

Love is love, doesn’t matter how long. Your loss is as great as anyone else’s. I’m so sorry that 4 years on you are still having bad days. I’m only 23 weeks in but do feel the days are lighter and less all consuming . I can go to work and have a laugh. I sometimes wonder if I’m going to be smacked in the face with some real grief but then again, I’m determined not to let the grief destroy me

Some difficult times coming up and I’m sure I’ll have some dark days but my partner would not want me to be sad all the time.

He was the love of my life, just 16 years together but he was the best thing that ever happened to me and life is certainly different without him.

Hope you have better days soon.

4 Likes