So sad

Hi I lost my husband my soul mate 4 months ago. I was & am devistated I got on with important things arranging his funeral & all the legal things. I have 3 amazing daughters who wouldn’t allow me to be on my own . I moved in with one daughter & her husband & my granddaughter we were all waiting on the imminent arrival of another grandchild which came 5 weeks after my husband passed. A beautiful baby boy brought the lift I needed . They have been the only reason I’ve got out of bed each day. But suddenly I have hit a brick wall. I am so sad & cannot stop crying. I can’t & don’t want to speak to anyone without breaking down. I cross the road rather than say hi. I have not really slept very well but now it is worse. I feel I have plummeted to another depth. The sadness is so overwhelming.

4 Likes

Dear @Laura.slater
Bless your heart. I’m so sorry for your loss
My heart/our hearts - everyone here knows, and understands your pain.
It’s good you have found this site. It has really helped me at some very down times.
I lost my husband 19 months 3 weeks 1 day ago.
Could be yesterday… So long and yet so near …
I’m glad you have family, and a new grandchild to take joy in.

Read on here, and post when you want.
Lots of us dip in and out .
Someone will always reply to you.

Love hugs and strength to you
:yellow_heart::hugs::pray:

4 Likes

Thats so nice your daughter moved you in with her :slight_smile: nobody did that for me :frowning: i have been able to make friends however but its been hard. My middle daughter has just had my grandson 3 weeks ago and it will cheer you up :slight_smile: its just the reaction to grief you are feeling. Its the realisation in our brains that they are no longer here … that safety net , that love they gave us. Its so hard and im 16 months into this and i still find it hard. Life moves on but very slowly for us …take care … maybe think about bereavment counselling ? It helps xx

1 Like

Hi Laura,

I lost my partner in January. My heart goes out to you. I have been married twice and they also died. Losing my partner in January is so hard to process. I think now what’s the point

So sorry for your loss. It’s nice to have loving family around during this traumatic time. I lost my husband almost 12 months ago and I have been taking one step forward and 2 back through out not knowing when the feeling of grief and sadness will come or go so just have to go with the flow that how I have dealt with it so far some days it feels like it happened so long ago and some days feels like yesterday :broken_heart:.
Please hang in there and do share with us here as we all are going through the same sad and painful journey so we understand what you’re going through.
Sending hugs and strength x

2 Likes

This was the first time I have posted & I’m so grateful for the kind & heart felt & understanding words . It is so comforting knowing that I’m not the only one feeling this pain. Thank you so much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You’re very welcome my dear.
We’re all here always to share and support one another throughout our sad, lonely and painful journey.
Sending love & big hugs :two_hearts:

2 Likes