So upset

My husband’s ashes are in a plot at my local church. We have a lovely little rose bush that I keep all the grass neat around it. It was coming on really nice with lots of lovely leaves after the winter. I go up there every week and when I went today the council have been and cut all the grass and completley gone straight over the rose bush. I just sat and cried and was also very angry.

Hi @AnnieG1,

Thank you so much for sharing this with the community, I’m so sorry to hear this has happened :blue_heart: I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I just wanted to let you know that you have been heard and you are not alone.

Take good care,
Alex

1 Like

Thank you Alex. Its been 10 months since my husband passed away and I thought I was at last coping but this today has set me back to square one. I just cant stop crying. It may seem silly to cry over a rose bush but it meant so much to me.

Its not silly @AnnieG1 I would be devastated. Its not just a rose bush, its your love for your husband, a focal point for you. I have roses for my husband, given to me by friends as a memorial. I am keeping them in pots in case I move. I would be heartbroken if this had happened to me.
Is it worth trying to talk to someone at the cemetery to ask if they could perhaps take more care. I know the answer I’d get from my local cemetery but yours may be more understanding.
Please take care

1 Like

@Liro Thank you for your kind message. I have spoken to the guy who usually tends the remembrance garden and he said it is no use getting onto the council as they wont reply but he has said he will ask those in charge if I can plant another rose bush. I am not holding out much hope as they are very strict as to what is put there although I cant see as it is a problem as I had already had one there. I am going to get in touch with the council myself but dont hold out much hope. It has really put me back to square one in my grieving. As you have said I am devastated. To sit on a bench in the gardens and see the rose flourishing gave me a sence of peace. Take care.
Ann

Hi Ann
Could you maybe plant a rose in your garden and have a corner of your garden as a memorial to your husband. I know its not the same as having it on his grave but if they’re going to destroy it everytime it might help a bit to have a focal point where you know you can look after it, and it wont be ruined. Then when you visit your husband you could take flowers. I know it wont be the same but maybe it would help a bit.
Take care
Liz

1 Like

@Liro Thank you. That is a good sugestion. If they wont let me plant another one I will do that. Take care,
Ann