Solo holidays

I am doing the same new places so I can explore without that sudden memory popping in my head. Some if the singles holidays are so expensive, let us all know who you book with.

1 Like

@Punto i’m going with Titan Travel. They pick you up from home and drop you at the airport. Same in reverse when you come home. Lets see how it works!

1 Like

Great idea, hope you have a good time (together) in Sicily as you can.

1 Like

Not heard of them, i will have a look. I know newmarket holidays are meant to be hood for solo but they dont do airport drop off.

Titan aren’t a solo holiday company, they are owned by Saga.

Its a bit of a long story because Jim and I were supposed to be going on this holiday together. We had talked about the trip, and who we wanted to travel with, but I didnt know he had actually booked it. I only discovered about 4 months after he had died when the company sent an email to say one of the hotels had been changed. I’ll let you imagine how much panic I felt!

Anyway, after rather than doing as I had asked, and giving me a price to travel alone, Titan just went ahead and charged the holiday to just me. I decided ‘what the heck lets jtst go’. Its done me a favour because i’m sure that if I’d had the option I would have cancelled. Lets just hope it all works out now.

Oh wow! That must have been a shock knowing the holiday was all booked, but well done for going… that was a really brave step to take! :clap:

1 Like

That would have been hard to deal with at the time, but you are brave doing the holiday, and I’m sure your husband would have wanted you to go and relax. Take lots of pictures and let us all know how you get on xxx

2 Likes

I’ve had really bad anxiety before each of my holidays this year and even found myself taking all the different helpline numbers such as Samaritans along with me just in case. Luckily all my fears have been unfounded and I have mostly enjoyed myself although having a few emotional moments. You will be fine, hope you have a lovely time xx

Where are you going next for an adventure?
I think we all get a bit anxious doing something new, but once we have overcome the 1st day, it becomes a new achievement on our grief journey.

2 Likes

I found it hard at first. I felt guilty at going away without Andy. started off with day trips. have since been on 2 trips to my sister-in-law in Spain. a river cruise on the seine. a coach holiday in the Isle of Wight. also a couple of visits to my brother-in-law in devon. am planning another trip to Spain in February. also 2 coach trips one to the Isle of Man the other one to Hampshire both in may. would love to do a river cruise on the Douro

1 Like

I’m going to a resort called Potters Five Lakes in Essex in a couple of weeks xx

1 Like

Sounds lovely i hope you get some decent weather.

1 Like

I know several people who have gone to Potters, and have said its really good. Hope you enjoy it.

Thanks. Hope the weather improves, it horrible and wet where I live at the moment down on the south coast xx

So I’m looking to do south of france next year as my chemo treatment ends in January, and I will be able to travel from March onwards. What is the best time? I’ve looked at Leger solo holiday as all-inclusive and think that would be ideal. I did Fancy Sicilly, but the dates were not very good with a different company.

It is really very hot in July and August, my sister lives there and it gets into the 30s often. So late May, June, September maybe October. Look at an average weather chart to get more idea but I would definitely avoid July & August it is unbearable and the mosquitos are a big problem then as well.

Thank you. I might look at May for an option.

May will be prettier as after the summer things have gone brown.