Some days are hard

Hi all,

I am new here, I lost my Dad in August 2019, It was an unexpected passing and I felt as if my world come to an end. After 6 months of trying to cope I had some councelling which helped greatly, I think of my Dad most days and I find 3 years later I can still get very sad days where I miss him terribly and my heart feels heavy.

I know I am not alone in this feeling, please share how you get through hard days. I am having one todays and reaching out to other souls the same.

Thank you for reading.

Kind regards

Laura

2 Likes

Dear @Lolly_Poppy87

Welcome to the Community, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dad.

I know how you feel having lost my dad 17 years ago. I still think of him every day and I coped by talking out aloud to him and still do. It is healthy and ok to do this. Take one day at a time and be gentle with yourself, some people grieve for years and that is normal. Grief is a rollercoaster of emotions with good days and bad days, all of which are also normal. Grief has no time limit; it is your journey to be taken at your pace.

Sue Ryder have a useful Grief Guide that contains information and help you discover new ways to cope.

Please take care of yourself and continue to reach out, you are not alone.

Pepsi

Hi Pepsi,

Thank you for your kind words and sorry to hear of your loss. Most days I feel ok but some the weight of grief feels heavy and it catches me off guard.

Thank you for your support.

2 Likes