son steve

AFTER STEVE HAD HIS LEFT LEG AMPUTATED DUE TO HIS ADDICTION , I THOUGHT WE HAD REACHED A TURNING POINT AND WE COULD GET STEVE ON THE RIGHT PATH BACK TO NORMAL LIFE . I TRIED SO SO HARD . WAS ONLY AFTER HIS DEATH I FOUND HE HADNT GIVEN UP THE DRUGS , BUT HAD HIDDEN IT FROM ME VERY VERY WELL .

3 Likes

Hello Marilyn3,

I’m part of the Online Community team and I can see that you are new to the community - I’d like to thank you for bravely starting this thread and sharing how you are feeling. I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your son and how you are feeling, that is so heart breaking. Most community members have sadly experienced the death of a loved one and so will understand some of what you are going through.

You may also find the following Sue Ryder resources helpful:

I really hope you find the community helpful and a good source of support and I also hope you feel you can access more support should you need it.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi M
I am so sorry for ypur loss I to jave lpst a son who i fought hard for all his l9fe withedical issues so i understand your emptiness and despair .
I dont have words to help at this point as it is grief that is so raw but i am told hopefullyin 3 months i will have days where i am less bereft so i keep moving forward for the sake of those who walked slowly with mexx

2 Likes

Hi I joined the Forum a few days ago and have had some lovely messages from people in a similar position.I lost my wonderful husband suddenly cardiac arrest 11 years ago in bed next to me.My son an only child was a wonderful support.We 3 were so close.My son had addiction issues for many years was always open about it but none of us parents can ever begin to understand the mind of an addict .The majority of these lost souls certainly dont want to be addicts but try as they might the hold is so strong.In March this year I lost my son.He went in hospital for help with his COPD but he never came out.I was with him the two of us when he passed.Unfortunately because he was an addict he had to have an Inquest the result of which is DRUG AND ALCHOHOL RELATED.He also had Non Hodge Lymphoma.I have always been a doer organiser get out and about often on my own and I still doing it often crying at the same time.But nothing I do takes the loss of my beautiful son out of my head 24/7 I miss everything about him especially his love.11 years for my husband 6 months for my son.I know my loss will be with me forever.Sometimes I feel I should be with them.Then again as they say life is precious so hold onto it but my life was my husband and son.Gosh sorry I have gone on a bit but realise how helpful it is just to say these things to people who understand Marg x

2 Likes