Son

I lost my only child he was only 32 years of age in 2021, every single day is just like the day i lost him i just want to be with him

2 Likes

Hello @Nettie ,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your son that brings you here.

You say you are feeling like every day feels the same as the day you lost him, this is so very difficult for you. I wanted to share some sources of support that might help you right now.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex

I lost my only child in March 2023, aged 35. Broken is an understatement along with the flashbacks. I understand your pain but in amongst it all I do have good days. I hope you can find a few good days xx

1 Like

Nettie,
I too lost my only son at the age of 31years in late 2022 and I carry the pain of losing him every single day but I try to draw strength from the fact that he is now at peace and no longer suffering from the problems he faced in life.
It doesn’t change the unimaginable grief that we go through on a daily basis but I personally have to try to keep this at the forefront of my mind to help me cope.
I hope you find some peace and keep on sharing your thoughts and feelings,especially on this forum with people who know exactly what you’re going through and how you’re feeling.
Much love,
Jayne x

I feel like that about my son, resting, and at peace. I think it helps me to think that way although it doesn’t take away the pain.