Son

My son passed away on 8th January cardiac arrest he was 36 I feel so lost

1 Like

Hello @Mandy11 ,

I can see that you’re new to the community. I hope you find it to be a support to you, but I am so sorry for the loss of your son that brings you here.

You say you are feeling so lost, how devastating for you to be experiencing this unpredicted and sudden loss. I wanted to share some sources of support that might help you right now.

• Child Bereavement UK support families with the loss of a child. They also support bereaved children. You can call their helpline on 0800 02 888 40.

• The Compassionate Friends support families who have lost a child of any age. You can call them on 0345 123 2304

Sue Ryder also has some resources which can help you cope with grief.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.
Take care,

Alex

I am so sorry for your loss, the shock is awful. I know what you are going through. I lost my son aged 35 last March through different circumstances. All I can say is hour by hour is the only way. Be kind to yourself and keep messaging on here. It’s a lifeline. Take care x

1 Like

My son died aged 34 last August from carbon monoxide poisoning in a fire. I just take each day at a time and have the most awful breakdown days which i just constantly cry all the time. Each day is just trying to find the strength to get through that day. When my son died i died as well and i know i will never be tve same person ever again xxx

Its awfull my son died in November of Cardiac arrest on the operating table, caused by sepsis.Brought on through diabetes. He was 54. I will never get over it. I know I will see him again, I am nearly 80 so wont be parted too long.:cry::cry:

2 Likes

Sending you so much love and hugs. Its absolutely devastating!! Every single one of us are on this absolutely horrific journey and nothing can ever take this pain away and i know myself i will never ever be the same person again.xxxxx

I lost my son in Jan 2023 after he had open heart surgery, but it wasn’t the heart problems that took him it was the mrsa and pneumonia he caught in the hospital while recovering. I’m very private with my pain, I don’t want my other sons to know I’m hurting and I hold back from saying much to my husband as Thomas wasn’t his son. I shut myself off emotionally from people, especially my husband. I’m hurting so much but I know it’s because I loved him so much.

1 Like

Yes i tend to shut myself off as,well aaron was 4 years old when i met Barry who is my husband so Aaron isent barrys as well. My breakdowns come out of nowhere so once i start everyone sees and hears it i just control the way that im feeling. My other son dosnt know what to do with me and my daughter just feels sad once i start xxx

1 Like