Songs...

I’ve never really listened to any Take That before, but the lyrics in that song are worth listening to

I recorded a song I wrote following the sudden and devastating death of my husband. I wrote it walking on the moors, our favourite place.
It summarises for me how it feels to be solo and alone after almost 40 years with one man. If you wish to listen you can at

4 Likes

My song is called Solo and us song number 2

2 Likes

The lyrics of your song vividly describe how many of us are feeling. Thank you for posting the link

I love the moors tooThat song is beautiful and is exactly how I’m feeling. Song 1 is beautiful too. so many tears x

There’s a Blue Moon over this World without You - Shunie Crampsey

3 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

@ Ithaca, thank you. I liked that. I didn’t expect to but for the few minutes it brought me some peace as that’s how I feel too.

All the best to you x

@Crazy_Kate two wonderful songs. Both songs that Karen and I listened to at the start of our relationship all those years ago

2 Likes

@Crazy_Kate Only You was a song my husband used to play me a lot and it came up on his playlist on his google speaker the other day but a different version. Nice to see it with the lyrics <3 thanks

Here is another he played a lot, I included it in his funeral.

2 Likes

And here is one of my own songs I used to play a lot and I just re-found. It means more to me now.

I think this is a beautiful song, The Chicks Travelin’ Solder.

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I’m the only one, and I walk alone

Read between the lines
What’s f***ed up, and everything’s alright
Check my vital signs
To know I’m still alive, and I walk alone

Hold up
Hold on
Don’t be scared
You’ll never change what’s been and gone

May your smile (may your smile)
Shine on (shine on)
Don’t be scared (don’t be scared)
Your destiny may keep you warm

'Cause all of the stars are fading away
Just try not to worry, you’ll see them someday
Take what you need, and be on your way
And stop crying your heart out

3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

This song we played a lot at home and loved for the melody, now it has a whole different meaning to me. It came on a radio someone else was playing the night of my husband’s funeral and though I’d held it together until then, I couldn’t be stoic through this.

Gazing at people, some hand in hand,
Just what I’m going through they can’t understand.
Some try to tell me, thoughts they cannot defend,
Just what you want to be, you will be in the end.

And I love you, yes I love you,
Oh how I love you, oh how I love you

2 Likes

We saw the Moody Blues live, part of our musical tapestry that I continue to weave🎶
This song is now very special :blue_heart:

4 Likes

Ooh @FleurDeLis you have just stirred a hidden memory. Back in our early courting days, Karen and saw the band Barclay James Harvest on quite a few occasions.
The first verse of one of the songs of their songs

All the nights that I’ve missed you
All the nights without end
All the times that I’ve called you
Only needing a friend

That song is “Poor Man’s Moody Blues”

2 Likes