Sorting and parting with my husband's belongings

I’m not at all a cuddly toy person @Markswife, but I just love your bear.
How smartly dressed is he? - very dapper.
Your friend is very talented and I hope your wee bear brings you some comfort.

1 Like

Hello, I have just read your bio and Marks story.
Your words and memories made me smile a little when you talked of Marks threadbare socks.

We have several things in common. Both in Wales and recently lost the man we love. Also facing the pain and challenge of considering the future of their personal belongings.

My darling was Italian and we were fortunate to have a home in Italy. The dreadful downside is that now I must return their alone. I have to decide what to do with Enzo personal papers / his treasured collections / his clothing. There are personal items of mens jewellery but no son to pass them on to. We didn’t have children. The house will be a time capsule. Locked up since before covid. I am dreading it. I am nauseous at the thought of going there.Your story gives me hope I might survive the trip.

Hello @Angelalouisa,
I am so sorry for the recent loss of your beloved husband. It is surreal, isn’t it. One minute I feel confident and pull up my “I can do this pants”, the next minute they are figuratively flapping around my ankles!
I’m on annual leave this week and its hard thinking of how we would have spent our time together and now I have to face it alone. But at least I know I can do it - just in a different way; next holiday will hopefully be easier and sunnier and warmer.
I hope that going back to the home you shared togther in Italy will bring you comfort, although its bound to be an emotionally difficult time for you.
Enzo’s personal affects will have great meaning and memories for you. With regards his jewellery there are many talented craftspeople who would be able to repurpose it in to pieces that you would be able to wear and treasure.
Please keep on touch - pm if you would like to
Hwyl a cwtch mawr i chi
Y x