Speak up for people who are dying or grieving - Sign our Letter to Future Government

Hello everyone,

You may have heard that the UK General Election will take place on Thursday 4 July 2024. So now is the time to speak up for people who are dying or grieving.

Today, I’m asking you to add your name to our Letter to the Future Government, asking them to prioritise end-of-life care and bereavement support, because nobody should face death or grief alone. It takes just two minutes to add your name.

We recently asked our supporters what was most important to them from our manifesto – a list of calls for the next government – that we created with likeminded charities. 44% of people said that the most urgent call for government should be to guarantee that palliative and end-of-life care services meet each individual’s needs. We’ve made this central in the Letter to the Future Government, telling them the changes we need to see.

We need you to help us speak up and tell them too – add your name.

4 Likes

Done. Ive been heartbroken to read on here some of the horrendous tales of how our loved ones have been treated in their final days/hours. In addition i find it hard to comprehend the lack of support available to those recently bereaved - people in real distress who dont necessarily have family to turn to. You are told you cant access counselling for at least 3 months after loss - i can understand that maybe counselling wont help so early on in someones grief, but it feels there is a real lack of emotional support to help someone experiencing such intense emotional pain in those early weeks.

3 Likes

Added and shared on Facebook :hugs:

1 Like

Just signed and shared on Facebook with my friends and family.
Debbie :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Added.
Such an important csuse.
So many people yet to help

1 Like

I’m so sorry
But I hope you take some comfort from this forum
You are not alone x

3 Likes

Signed.

Thank you for all that you do, Sue Ryder.

2 Likes

Done. I would have been lost without this forum.

4 Likes

Done and shared on my fb and my fb groups

2 Likes

Done :slightly_smiling_face:
I owe everything to Sue ryder… This forum has been amazing :heart:

4 Likes

Do not think that we will be listened to really because feel promises don’t get followed through.

1 Like

@Blake

Bless you, you have us all on on here. Always here for a chat if your feeling lonely.

Maybe you could invite relatives for a little holiday or you could go to them?

Xx

2 Likes

@Blake

At least you know you have people who care about you and they are willing to visit :purple_heart:

Hope you have a good day :blush:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for signing and sharing :blue_heart:

3 Likes

Where and how to sign

Hello @Enorac,

If you click the link in my post it will take you to the letter. Or you can click this link: Sue Ryder's letter to the future Government | New Mode

Thank you for your support :blush:

Done. This forum is a lifeline. Thank you.

2 Likes