Standstill

I lost my husband in June last year and was managing well at the time and afterwards but now all of a sudden I seem to have come to a standstill and not able to move forward, not able to make decisions about even the basic issues I’m fortunate that I have good family who all live locally but yet , I feel so alone, especially in social situations. I smile, and pretend to enjoy what’s happening, and come home and my tears start. I seem to be in limbo, not able to move forward. My depression is hard to cope with. I don’t know how to move forward.

4 Likes

Hi Maureen, I fully understand where you are coming from and I think there are many of us on this site who would agree. I’m a bit further on time wise than you and I find that even now I go through periods when I don’t know what to do with myself and as for making a decision just forget it…
Social situations are very hard and I find the pretending that I’m fine is relentless so I probably do the wrong thing and avoid them and stay safe by just sticking with a couple of understanding friends and my family.
These feelings do come and go with time and I think the 2nd year is harder than the 1st year as other folk not bereaved tend to think that after a year we should be getting over it and then come out with their not very helpful suggestions…
I don’t know if this is of any help but I just wanted to say that what you have said is very normal and that you are one of many who feel like this.
With Love, Jenny x

3 Likes