Stepping stones

Jen, your words are exactly as I feel, it was a year on the 19th October since I lost my partner of 12 yrs. Like you I prayed for every miracle going, that he would somehow survive the treatment, the nasty disease etc, but instead I watched him ebb away. He was my soulmate, my life.Time hasn’t got easier yet but you learn to cope.Even though I have family, it’s lonely without him but you have to go on so that’s what I’m trying to do. I hope it gets easier for you too xx

3 Likes

Hi @Ladyjan I am sorry that you lost your dear partner, it’s truly something that once witnessed you never forget. I initially thought that I was the only one to go through this anguish but I have learned there are so many of us going through the same thing and we are here for each other.
I wish you well as you continue your journey
Jen xx

4 Likes

Dear Davina, I am so sorry that you lost Robin in such tragic circumstances and I can understand your anger. I too felt let down by so many and it is truly heartbreaking.
Please continue to look after you as you continue your life without the love that you lost
Jen x

2 Likes

Thank you Jen for replying. It’s a comfort to speak to others who are going through the same thing. All best wishes to you. With love
Davina x

3 Likes

Haven’t had any interaction on this site. Although I’m not bereaved it is only a matter of time. I’m not sure how this site works

2 Likes

Hi Nigelg1, welcome to the community. I’m sorry that you are facing a bereavement, please know that this site is full of supportive members who have all lost someone, and i hope you will gain some comfort from sharing here.

To use the site, we have a list of help topics at: community.sueryder.org/pub/help-using-this-site

Please do message the site admins if you need any support with this.

Take good care, Rhi

2 Likes

Thanks for your help. I will do that

2 Likes

@Jen64 thank you for your reply, definitely once witnessed never forgotten and I won’t ever forget him x

3 Likes

That was so touching I lost my husband 4.5 years ago it’s hard in your own !! I feel for everyone who’s lost there soul mate best friend thinking of everyone and sending lots of love and happinessxx we have to think how special a we was that they picked us from all the world thinking of this sometimes helps hope so god bless x

4 Likes

Thank you for your insight into this awful thing called bereavement.
I lost my husband in April his death was sudden and unexpected but the loss of a soul mate is the same.
I think I have to carry on making memories for both of us.
I am grateful for our 42 years of marriage and all that we shared. I not only grieve for the loss of him but all that we had not done yet our dreams. The life that we shared.
It is difficult but I have to make the memories for both of us.
Thank you for your post

5 Likes

I did a scrap book with his photos especially the funny ones we did on holiday so now when things get to me I look through the book and it makes me smile ! He was one in a million and I had teddy made out of one of his shirts so I’m not alone at night thinking if everyone in this horrible situation love to all x

3 Likes

What lovely memories the teddy and scrapbook give you such a positive thing to do. X

3 Likes

We bought a motor home hoping to travel when we retired but that never happened just wished I had the courage to do it for us both but I haven’t X he did 10 with testicular cancer and when they discharged him in June he was told in the September he had bowel cancer stage 4 so sad ! X

4 Likes

I just lost my soul mate Mike too. The only thing im sure of is i will meet him again xx

4 Likes

Oh you will apparently I got told you always go to the live if your life when you pass over they will be waiting for us ! They will have missed us as much as we are missing them :heart:X

4 Likes

Dear @JaneD @jojolee @Davaire looks like we are all together in this. Sending you all best wishes in all that you do whilst we wait to be reunited with our soulmates. If only we all lived closer it would be such an immense support network.
Jen x

2 Likes

Thank you all

3 Likes

Hi yes I was thinking that if lived near each other we could be there to support !! But I’m always here if you need me love to you all Xx

3 Likes

How can we find people who live near. Im on Coventry xx

1 Like

Hi @JaneD. I think the best way to connect is by private message to those you feel a connection with and see if there are ways to keep in touch or meet up.
Jen x