Still crying

In November my whole world changed… It was so quick no warning signs… My husband who was only 54 had flu symptoms… Called the ambulance early hrs on the 9th November… No visitors at the time so was video chatting and speaking on the phone… Then the dreaded results covid… I was ill so tired not well myself got a call on the 11th they would let me see him as they didn’t think he was going to make it… I rushed to the hospital just in time and then he was gone in less than 48hrs…crazy I was in shock ill myself… 13th Nov I was rushed to hospital yes I too had covid… Grieving and fighting for my own life… I don’t remember the 10 days… gone… I made it… Relief sadness loss desperation… My family couldn’t see me they were great sorted everything to do with my husband. Its been a hard six months and still I cry every day. We were in lockdown when his funeral came around we had to do it virtually… Heartbreaking… .ive only just sorted his things… I don’t know how to move forward don’t know if I want to move forward… I have no motivation to do anything…I know I’m not the only person who has had to endure the dreaded covid taking a loved one thousands we’re lost to it… I’ve read lots of your comments which have given me the strength to write this…

1 Like

It’s like another world isn’t it? It can’t possibly be real - or that’s what our minds tell us. It wasn’t COVID for my husband - he just collapsed and died whilst running, we still don’t know why. One ordinary day my life was happy, now it’s empty and always will be. I’m so sorry for your loss - it won’t go away but people on here do understand. Sending hugs

1 Like

Hello Steffi.

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your Husband. It sounds as though things have been really tough for you.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here, and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

Sue Ryder offers an online bereavement counselling service. This is a free service and sessions are held via video chat so you can attend from home. There’s more information about this service here: www.sueryder.org/counselling

Please continue to post Steffi. Our members will respond very shortly to you.

Take care,
Audrey,
Online Community Team

1 Like

I’m sure it’s the shock that makes it hard to process what has happened… So much loss and heartache… So sorry about your loss… Sending hugs

Thankyou I think I will push the link…its a relief to express how I’m feeling… So glad I was given the leaflet with your details on…

Hello @Steffi. so sorry for your loss. It is still new and very raw and all of us on here have been where you are now. We really do care and understand. I have posted on another thread that there is an online remembrance site for Covid victims where you might like to post a photo and a few words as a memorial The site is www.rememberme2020.uk
Hope this helps, and please do just take one day at a time.
Love and light…x

1 Like

Thankyou I have just added hubby… So sad pages and pages of lost loved ones… I know I’m not alone I have a wonderful supportive family… They really try to understand my grief…

Thankyou I’m sure that’s what it is… I will try counselling… Sending hugs to you too