Still grieving

Its been 15 months since my wife of 40 years passed away,and im still going to bed at night wondering if ill wake up in the morning ,i know this is irrational but i cant stop myself worrying ,it would have been our 42nd wedding anniversary tomorrow, it was hard work caring for her in the years before she died ,i thought i would recover from the strain of it by now

4 Likes

Hello @Pandora116, I can see that you are new to the community so I wanted to thank you for bravely starting this thread.

It sounds like your wife’s death may have triggered some anxiety. It’s really common for this to happen when someone we care for has died. If you click on the magnifying glass and search anxiety, you can read threads from other members who have also struggled with worries.You can also click here to see search results.

Are you getting any support right now? If not, it may be a good idea to make an appointment with your GP to see what support may be available to you.

We also have some resources which may be helpful for you right now:

I really hope you find the community to be a support to you and that you can access more support if you need to.

We are thinking of you on your wedding anniversary today - I really hope that however you choose to mark the day, it feels right for you.

Take good care and keep reaching out,

Seaneen

Pandorra116 that is a horrible way to be feeling, but I think the death of someone very close makes us think of our own mortality. My husband had a totally unexpected cardiac arrest last November, maybe he did have symptoms and we didn’t register the serious possible cause, now 5 months later. I have started to think maybe I could have an underlying illness too, maybe I should have an ECG ? still working on it but I am trying to get outside and enjoy nature, which seems to relax me. I am trying to avoid medication but its there if the need arises. Stay in touch