Still hurts so much :(

I lost my Grandad on the 19th feb and he has been laid to rest. I still feel so numb and empty. When I go to see my Nan, its so quiet in the house as Grandad is not there. It hurts so much and I cry. I had a teddy bear with a message on from Grandad and I’ve kept a token of his ashes in a heart shaped urn which is in the back of the teddy. I hug it every night and even take out the urn and hold it. My Nan gave me one of his cardigans, a watch and one of his caps. I feel this is all I have now of Grandad and he was in my dream a few nights ago. His birthday is coming up 9th May which will be hard. I am struggling, mainly at night before I go to bed as Grandad is in my thoughts. I wish he was here :frowning:

3 Likes

I am so sorry about your loving grandad. It is so hard to lose the ones we cherish. It is a sad part of life, the worst part.

Comfort your grandmother as much as you can. You simply being near her brings joy and comfort. :orange_heart: :orange_heart: :orange_heart:

1 Like

Thank you @berit . I know, we all go through this its just so painful :(. Yeah I am in contact with my Nan and go an see her as much as I can and call her. It’s the first of everything which is also difficult. Your words mean a lot :heart:xx

1 Like