Still not coping

Hi Bel. So sorry you are struggling. I think you speak for all of us. I know it’s no consolation but we are all in the same club. I don’t eat healthily as I used to. Not interested in cooking either, not the same for one is it. I took most of my cookery books to the charity shop. It’s good that you are trying to help yourself but I personally don’t think it helps much until we can come to terms with our loss We can be with hundreds of people and still feel so alone. Don’t want to put you off though, just keep going your making that move forwards. t’s such a struggle isn’t it and for you 62 years is such a long time. We had thirty years and that is bad enough. I find little things will set me off. Today has been bad as family was supposed to come and help me with a job and didn’t turn up and no message yet, I feel so let down, yet can’t make a fuss. A man came about removing a tap in the wall. (Don’t know what it’s for) He talked of taking up the floorboards and removing the cupboards, so I forgot that plan. Tap been there for so long it can stay a bit longer. Keep going Bel

1 Like

Hi. Hope all turns out well for you? I have had so many bulbs blow? Then one out of six in the kitchen blew and tripped the switch (good job I watched my husband) so switched that up then got a ladder and fitted a new bulb? Then I scraped all the edging around the outside of the sink too much and it needed filling so gues what? I got the filler and did a great job it looks lovely? I am becoming a great do-it-all person all the best. If ever in West Midlands you are all welcome for a cuppa? Bel x

1 Like

Bless you, I know the felling .went looking for tools ,when I tried to dig about ,there was over a dozen different scanners.I had to try everyone .and that was the wrong tool.Theres a lot to think about each day ,something goes wrong. We do we start .

So Sorry you feel so bad Bel, I lost my husband 19th May last year, 6 weeks after celebrating our golden wedding anniversary. He passed away 38 hours after the doctors told me further tests revealed a malignancy. He’d not seen a doctor in over 45 years, now I feel I’m back at square one. So difficult isn’t it trying to adjust to a life that is alien to us. I’ve just come back from a group dog walk, now I feel as lovely as ever, kerp having anxiety attacks that can happen in an instant.

I can understand completely how you are feeling and uvagree, it isn’t nice, it’s not a life thought I’d have to face.

Sometimes, I think we just go through the motions on auto pilot.

I truly hope you feel a little peace soon.

Blessings ☆

3 Likes

Sorry you feel bad,I went out today .My Daugther has a staff that talks to her a lot .She arrange to meet him at the flower garden for a cuppa and scone. At last minute I got a call, Mum get ready I’m picking you up. It was panic station as I didn’t know this male friend staff friend. We got to the flower,garden centre. There he was.I stood near my Daugther and she hug him and than said this is my Mum. In a world of my own I just followed ,and listen. Work colleague was dumped by his wife ,children only now getting to visit only for money. He has cancer in his bowel,and needs to wear a caffertta .and now waiting to have test doing ,Wednesday in hosp .His Daugther is too busy ,so my Daugther will take him .I sat and Listen ,than thought about my Husband ,my DAUGTHERS heart of helping is much like her Dad he would go out and help anyone .Today was a lovely day ,memories came to my heart .The love for life ,smiling even when things go wrong .He use to say (what’s done is done .Tomorrow a lovely day .Today Love and Memories came into my heart. A

Sorry you feel bad,I went out today .My Daugther has a staff that talks to her a lot .She arrange to meet him at the flower garden for a cuppa and scone. At last minute I got a call, Mum get ready I’m picking you up. It was panic station as I didn’t know this male friend staff friend. We got to the flower,garden centre. There he was.I stood near my Daugther and she hug him and than said this is my Mum. In a world of my own I just followed ,and listen. Work colleague was dumped by his wife ,children only now getting to visit only for money. He has cancer in his bowel,and needs to wear a caffertta .and now waiting to have test doing ,Wednesday in hosp .His Daugther is too busy ,so my Daugther will take him .I sat and Listen ,than thought about my Husband ,my DAUGTHERS heart of helping is much like her Dad he would go out and help anyone .Today was a lovely day ,memories came to my heart .The love for life ,smiling even when things go wrong .He use to say (what’s done is done .Tomorrow a lovely day .Today Love and Memories came into my heart. A

Hi Janette, what a lovely heartwarming story. In the midst of your grief and your daughter’s for her dad you both gave comfort to another in such a bad place in their life. You must feel so proud of your daughter especially as she has inherited so much of her dad’s kind and generous nature. That it was able to bring you fond memories of your husband and lift you from your grief for a while would have been very good for you.
I wish you a peaceful day tomorrow.
Xx

1 Like

Hi Bell, I’m so sorry for you terrible loss. I lost my wonderful soul mate, Dave, last October and feel as though I have been hit by a double decker bus. My body and mind needs repairs, but there are no remedies.if one more person says, time heals, I will scream!!! I get and feel everything your saying, I am so agitated, devasted and find it hard to get through an hour, never mind a day. Thinking of you my darling, I hope something wonderful happens for you Bel, that will make your life a more bearable. Sending love. Terri :heart:

1 Like