Still struggling with loss of mum

Hi,
I’m new here so hope this works. I need advice or just opinions really I’m not sure. I lost my Mum 4 years ago to breast cancer and my Dad this year and the end of last year made a conscious effort to start dating. I find this really hard.
He has dated 3 women this year alone & is currently “with” the third even though they’ve only been together a few short weeks. He spends all his time with her, when he’s with us as a family he talks about her, and has just booked a holiday. All he does is about her.
I struggle with this anyway but for me, the final straw has come now because he’s had his new one take something of my Mum’s and turn it into a memory cushion. I understand that it’s a nice sentimental thing to do but I am so so angry that this new person has touched my mum’s belongings. I’m literally disgusted to the point I never ever want to meet her now & am actually considering cutting my dad out of my life because I can’t believe what he’s done.

Any advice please

1 Like

Anyone please? :slightly_frowning_face:

It’s not that long since your loss and someone new coming in is bound to be hard, especially when it’s that intense after only a few weeks. Not sure I can give good advice, but I think you should tell your dad exactly what you’ve said here, that it hurts you and feels wrong. Maybe he hasn’t even thought about that and hopefully he will understand. Hugs!