Struggling to cope with it

Hi all,I lost my daughter at 38 weeks pregnant in August last year,at the time I was shook up,l shut myself off from the world and brushed everything under the carpet and let it eat me up inside and wouldn’t allow myself to grieve so i started having counselling early this year and it has allowed me to talk about it and to finally grieve and it’s a massive weight off my shoulders. But now with all this Coronavirus going on I’m not seeing my counsellor and it’s really taking its toll on me,does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop myself getting back to square one. Thanks in advance x

Hello Xcourt
I am so sorry that you lost your baby girl, I haven’t any advice to give to you, I can only welcome you, this forum and hope that you get some comfort from this wonderful group of people.
They are the most understanding and compassionate people I have ever come across.
All of us are grieving the loss of our loved ones. Grief is is the most horrible of emotions, we cannot go round it, over or round it. We have to go through it, I do hope that in time you get some ease.
Blessings,
MaryL

1 Like

Hello, I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your daughter. It is really important to have outlets for your emotions and a chance to grieve properly.

I hope that it helps even a tiny bit to be able to share things here on this site. There are other bereaved parents here who will understand some of what you are feeling. For example, you might wish to take a look at this conversation, where you can find @sam2015 and @Bereaved_Parent, who have both lost babies to stillbirth: Still birth baby boy

I’m glad that counselling started to make a difference for you, but sorry to hear that it’s stopped due to lockdown - we are seeing a lot of grieving people have setbacks at the moment. Is there any chance of your counsellor doing sessions via telephone or video calling? I know some counsellors are doing this at the moment. If not, here at Sue Ryder we also offer an online bereavement counselling service over video chat: www.sueryder.org/counselling

There is also support available from Sands (Stillbirth and neonatal death charity), including a telephone helpline, and online support.

Hello, yes everyone on this site are going through this trouble thing called grief and it doesn’t take any prisoners. Please think about telephone counselling and there are a few that the waiting time is not to long but unfortunately there is nothing that is immediate. The virus is affecting everyone and everything and I personally don’t t think things are going to change quickly.
Please don’t shoot yourself away, even just going for a walk around the streets allows you to say hello and see other human beings. Times are hard but we should not be hard on ourselves. Enjoy little treats and be kind to yourself, do things that help to make you feel happy and as normal as possible. Getting out in the sun or even rain will improve you mentally and physically, just keep trying the changes and hope it helps. Honestly things will improve and once again we will feel that love we once had for life. Take care.
Blessings S