Struggling to deal with a homicide.

I’m a senior in high school, and I play a big part in our theater department. There was a mass stabbing yesterday which left my young friend dead, and I’m struggling to even acknowledge that this is reality. Everyone is telling me not to shut down and I don’t know how. She was our stage manager and she was my partner in our show, which I think I might quit because I can’t handle doing it without her.

I’m a criminal justice major (in college despite being a high schooler) and I’m trying to become a police officer in my future. I know that this is something that I’ll have to get used to eventually, but right now I’m still a kid, and I can’t understand why someone would kill and harm so many people, including a sophomore in high school, with absolutely no motive. It hurts. There’s no clarity and absolutely no closure in a loss because of a pointless spree. I just don’t know what to do or how to go on after this. And I’m so frustrated with everybody else going on as if life is normal.

2 Likes

I am so so sorry for your loss.
You must be in so much shock.

It’s good you have found this forum. Keep engaging with it even if other people’s stories are not the same circumstances as yours, everyone has gone through bereavement and gets it.

Thinking of you. X

1 Like