Struggling with coping with my dads passing

I lost my dad on the 8th of march. My dad went to bed as a health man and had a heart attack and never woke up. Two weeks before loosing my dad my fiancée also lost his dad. I just don’t seem to be able to cope with the lost of my dad. I can’t even bring myself to say he’s dead I have to say he’s passed. Everything reminds me of my dad and I’m struggling with the fact that I look like him and have his Personality.

1 Like

I am so sorry and that did you not get to say goodbye. I’m sure he loved you very much. He lives on through you and others.

Hi Sarah1215 and a warm welcome to our online community. I’m so sorry to read of the loss of your dad, a sudden death is often even more difficult to come to terms with, but I do hope you find some comfort and support here.

Some people find it helps to chat to others in a similar situation and there is another thread here from Mellymo who also lost their dad suddenly https://support.sueryder.org/community/coping-death-loved-one/lost-my-dad-last-week, so you might find it helpful to read and get involved in this conversation.

take care
Nancy

Hi all, I lost my dad a month ago today, in pretty similar circumstances except we don’t know the cause yet. I’m the same, I can’t say it out loud that he’s gone as I’m not sure I even believe it yet. It’s so so awful and I completely understand how you’re feeling.
So sorry for your loss :heart:

1 Like