Struggling with grief

I lost my dad just over 3 weeks, he had a heart attack & died at home. I’m really struggling to come to terms with it all, he had asthma & had previously suffered with chest infections, he called me one evening & said his breathing was bad & asked if I’d call the doctor for him the next day which I did, the doctor rang him & prescribed antibiotics & steroids, ****looking back this must of been a warning sign & it wasn’t the asthma that was causing his shortness of breath, he’d never had any issues with his heart previously, I can’t help beating myself up that I should of called an ambulance.

3 Likes

Hello @caroline123brown,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment, but please don’t beat yourself up over not calling an ambulance.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help you right now.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex