Struggling with grief

I lost my 9 year old niece to cancer 6 weeks ago and I am really struggling with my grief.I was suffering with both my physical and mental health even before we lost her, but nows everything seems so pointlessand everyone including my employer thinks that i should just get back to normal now, I am broken.

That’s hard for me to hear. It’s so inconsiderate and hurtful for your employer or anyone else for that matter to behave in such an insensitive way. Get back to “normal”. Well there is now a new “normal” and you are still trying to negotiate it! And it will take as long as it takes! Sad that so many people seem to be “grief illiterate”. It’s the last thing you need right now. Sending you love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

1 Like

The only positive thing is that I am not intending on returning back to my workplace as I need to be away from there as they were a big factor in my mental health before we lost my niece.

That is positive but so sad you are having to do this but at least you are taking steps to protect yourself. That’s healthy. Take care x