Struggling with grief

I lost my mum 8 years ago to a brain tumour she was only 56 it broke my heart at the time but now 8 years on i am still really struggling infact each year it seems to get worse i get overwhemled with panic and emotion it has started affecting me in a big way i have become cold and distant i find it hard to show affection creating problems in my marriage how do i cope !

1 Like

Hello @Haelie ,

I can see that you’re new to the community, so I wanted to say that I am so sorry for the loss of your mum that brings you here.

I’m sure someone will be along to offer their support, but I wanted to share a few Sue Ryder resources with you that may help right now.

Thank you again for sharing – please keep reaching out and know that you are not alone.

Take care,

Alex

Hi Haelie, i just wanted to say im so sorry for your loss, its heartbreaking to of lost your mum so young and it hurts to know you must want to share so much with your mum about your life and troubles. Always remember your mum is with you in your heart and will be proud of you every single minute of every day :heart: sending hugs.