Struggling with Loss of mom

Hi

Writing here not sure why really
, lost my mom in Nov have posted that previously but im really struggling with the loss, life just doesnt feel the same i feel so alone and empty. She was my best friend who i went to with everything and the best person and im really struggling to just cope with her loss and also the thought of what she went through it breaks my heart :broken_heart:

1 Like

Hi there. Sorry to hear about your mum. I feel exactly the same. Not sure what your circumstances were but my mum was 61 and died of cancer quickly. I miss her every minute of the day. It doesnt seem to get easier. I just distract myself with things really. Nobody really gets it.
Do you talk to friends about it ? I find it uncomfortable to talk to people about it. Noone asks anymore (mum died in january). My boss just asked if ‘i was over it all now’ when i returned to work last week !

Hey, sorry to hear about your mom too. My mom was 66 and was diagnosed with Cancer in Jan 23 and passed away in Nov 23. It really is so heartbreaking and hard and like you say people dont really ask or check in anymore. I have friends but i dont really talk about it to them and i have my partner but again i dont know what to say people will try but will never really understand what its like to lose your mom unless they’ve been through it, its a pain you can’t explain, i just plod on masking over it each day hoping in time it will get easier. I’ve had a couple of comments from people saying similar things like you ok, your Dad ok settling down now? And one friend said ive not called because i can see your still grieving, or some people just dont mention it at all. Dont know if you feel the same but i feel like i play my grief down as to not make anyone feel uncomfortable or in case they’re thinking its been X amount of time now you should be over it so to speak. Its just so hard isnt it especially since going back to work and ‘normal’ life resumes and your tryin to adjust to life without them. I hope you have people around you can talk too if not im only a message away. Take care of yourself and thanks for responding to my message.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about your mum. It truly is heartbreaking. I can totally relate to playing down your grief in front of people. My mum passed away suddenly just a couple days after new years, aged 65, and I can’t help but to mask how I’m actually feeling especially in front of people. I suppose I also do it just to try and get through the day, but then also feel irritated that some people seem to believe I’m just ‘getting over it’. I guess unless you’ve experienced it, one could never truly understand the gravity of it all. I don’t have any answers, but I just wanted to say that you’re not alone in that feeling and I wish you all the best x

1 Like