Struggling with loss

I am struggling.I am feeling very alone .I don’t know how to fill my empty days. I know this will pass but it’s so hard.

1 Like

Hi, so sorry to hear about your loss.
I lost my younger brother a few weeks ago and his funeral was 2 days ago, I feel so lost and miss him so much it hurts. I don’t know how to talk to my parents as they are in a terrible place dealing with their own grief so like you I feel alone even though I’m not, people keep telling me it will get easier but I just don’t see it. Take care and keep posting on here it really does help. Hugs Lisa :heartpulse:

I am so sorry . I am finding that losing Mum has returned me to a place I thought I had left behind. Please keep reaching out .It does help. I know that grief does change with time but it hurts so much .Have a hug🤗

Hi,
I am sorry for your loss. My wife died suddenly and unexpectedly in March and I am also having a very hard time. I have no one to really talk to which is why I finally reached out to this site. My son tries but he is unable to cope with me being so sad. We were married for 34 years and together for over half our lives. I understand your comments about feeling lost and missing so much it hurts. My wife was my world and my everything and it feels like my heart was ripped out. I am only able to keep going at this time because I am now alone caring for MIL who has dementia and if I don’t take care of her she will end up in a facility which my wife and I didn’t want to happen.

I am so sorry for your loss and I hope you find some small comfort in knowing you are not alone in feeling this way . Please take care .

1 Like

Hi,
I “understand” that I don’t know anything. I am aware that all grief is personal and as much as we can want to help all I can do is try to offer words and hope to not offend anyone. My brain is “fried” right now and I am barely able to function i am so afraid of messing up the care for MIL and having that to deal with too.