Struggling with the grief of my grandad

I am so happy to have found this site as I have been struggling a lot with my grandad who passed away almost a year ago. He was like a dad to me, he helped my mum raise me as a child and has always been that person that makes me feel safe.

I’ve been having a few dreams occasionally about him where he is looking healthy and happy and we are talking about how we know this is just a dream and how we both know he isn’t really there. I was just wondering if anyone else has had something like this?

I feel so much comfort in having him there and can even feel his massive hugs but always wake up crying knowing that the dream and our time is finished.

1 Like

Hello Ambo,

I’m so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandad. It sounds as though things are very tough at the moment and you are missing him a lot.

I’m glad that you’ve been able to share how you are feeling here and I hope that you find the community a good source of support. Everyone here has experienced the loss of a loved one and will understand some of what you are going through.

We also offer support which you might want to take a look at. Our Online Bereavement Support includes our free online bereavement counselling, our Grief Guide which has interactive tools to help you cope with grief, and Grief Coach, where you can receive personalised support via text.

Take care - keep reaching out,

Alex