Struggling with the loss of my Dad

My Dad so suddenly passed away January 29th 2022 at the age of 46. I was 22 at the time. He was my world, I adored him and I miss him so so much. It has been 2.5 years and its just not getting easier. I feel like I am just existing at this point :cry:

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for the loss of your dad, @laurenb15. You are not alone - sadly, many of our members have lost their dads and will understand some of what you’re going through. I’m giving your thread a gentle, “bump” - hopefully someone will be along to share their support :blue_heart:

1 Like

Hi Lauren, your dad will always be with you and would want you to live life to the fullest. I am sure he is proud of you hold on to your special memories and do it with him.

1 Like

Hi @laurenb15 , I’m so sorry for your loss. My Dad passed 3 months ago. He was my world. I can’t seem to be able to contemplate life without him. I wake up & realise he’s not here. I scroll to his phone number & want to call him. I don’t stop thinking of him every hour of everyday.
I feel like nobody really understands & they expect life to just carry on. I wouldn’t wish this on anyone. You are not alone xx

2 Likes

Hey Louise, I am so sorry for your loss. Grief can be such a lonely feeling even with so many people around you. Even now 2.5 years on I go to message and call my Dad and get hit with the reality that he is no longer here. Its heartbreaking and I am sending you strength and love xxx

1 Like

Hey, thank you so much for your lovely words xx

Thank you so much :heart: